In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Ardavasar like this:
Ardavasar or Ardvarsar, a hamlet in the SE of the Isle of Skye, on a small bay of its own name on the Sound of Sleat, about 6 miles ENE of the Point of Sleat and 17 S of Broadford. It has a post office under Broadford. A small headland flanks its bay, and is the ordinary landing-place from Arasaig.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ardavasar has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Highland. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ardavasar and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ardavasar, in Highland and Inverness Shire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ardavasar".