In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Dawsholm like this:
Dalsholm or Dawsholm, a village in New Kilpatrick parish, SE Dumbartonshire, on the right bank of the Kelvin, 4¾ miles NW of Glasgow. It has a paper-mill and beautiful environs; and near it is an ancient artificial mound, the Courthill, supposed to have been a seat of feudal courts of justice.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Dawsholm has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Glasgow. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Dawsholm and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dawsholm, in Glasgow and Dunbartonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Dawsholm".