In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described St Davids like this:
Davids, St, a village in Madderty parish, Perthshire, on the estate of Craig of Madderty, 1¾ mile S by W of Madderty station. Founded by the late Lady Baird Preston of Fern Tower, it superseded a decayed old burgh of barony, and is a beautiful place, with a handsome endowed schoolhouse.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing St Davids has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Perth and Kinross. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering St Davids and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Davids, in Perth and Kinross and Perthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "St Davids".