In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Laurieston like this:
Laurieston, a village in Falkirk parish, Stirlingshire, 1½ mile E by S of Falkirk town, under which it has a post and railway telegraph office. Adjoining the park of Callander House, and commanding from its elevated site a brilliant view of the Carse of Falkirk and the Ochil Hills, it was feued out in 1756 by Francis Lord Napier. At first it was called Langtown, next Merchiston or New Merchiston, and afterwards Lawrencetown, now abbreviated into Laurieston. It comprises a central square and regularly intersecting streets, southward and westward; carries on weaving, nail-making, etc.; and has a public school and a Free-until 1876 Reformed Presbyterian-church, built in 1788, and containing 250 sittings. Pop. (1831) 1306, (1861) 1265, (1871) 1310, (1881) 1452.Ord. Sur., sh. 31, 1867.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Laurieston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Falkirk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Laurieston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Laurieston, in Falkirk and Stirlingshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Laurieston".