In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Keppoch like this:
Keppoch, an estate, with a mansion, in Kilmonivaig parish, SW Inverness-shire, near the right banks of the Spean and the confluent Roy, 16 miles ENE of Fort William. It belonged to the M'Intoshes, but was partly held by the M'Ranalds; and, in a contention between them, it became the scene of the last clan battle in Scotland.Ord. Sur., sh. 63, 1873.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Keppoch has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Highland. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Keppoch and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Keppoch, in Highland and Inverness Shire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Keppoch".