Place:


Cambusbarron  Stirlingshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Cambusbarron like this:

Cambusbarron, a village in St Ninians parish, Stirlingshire, 1½ mile NW of St Ninians town, and 1½ SW of Stirling. It has a post office under Stirling, a Free church, and a public school; and it shares in the woolspinning and woollen manufacture of the parish. The public school, erected in 1875 at a cost of £4000, with accommodation for 270 children, had (1879) a day and an evening attendance of 177 and 28, and grants of £160, 17s. and £16,9s. 6d. Pop. (1861) 535, (1871) 1236, (1881) 1135.

Cambusbarron through time

Cambusbarron is now part of Stirling district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stirling has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cambusbarron itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cambusbarron, in Stirling and Stirlingshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21747

Date accessed: 19th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cambusbarron ".