In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Partick like this:
Partick, town with ry. sta., Govan par., NW. Lanarkshire, on the N. bank of river Clyde and W. bank of river Kelvin, in W. suburbs of Glasgow - town, pop. 27,410; police burgh, pop. 27,394; 3 Banks; has extensive shipbuilding yards. Partick was made a police burgh in 1852.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Partick has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Glasgow. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Partick and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Partick, in Glasgow and Lanarkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Partick".