In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Seton like this:
Seton, ancient par., now in Tranent par., Haddingtonshire; the church (14th century), 1½ mile NE. of Tranent, is an interesting ruin; Seton Palace, built in the reign of James V., stood near the church, and was the seat of the Lords Seton, Earls of Winton; S. House, seat, occupies the site of the ancient palace.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Seton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lothian. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Seton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Seton in East Lothian | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Seton".