In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Percy Main like this:
PERCY, or Percy-Main, a village and a chapelry in Tynemouth parish, Northumberland. The village stands on the river Tyne, and on the Newcastle and Tynemouth railway, at the junction of the line to Blyth, 1½ mile W S W of North Shields; and has a station on the railway and a post-office under Newcastle-upon-Tyne, both of the name of Percy-Main. The chapelry was constituted in 1860. Pop., 3, 953. Houses, 786. The inhabitants are employed chiefly in the docks and neighbouringworks. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Durham. Value, £200.* Patron, the Duke of Northumberland. The church is recent.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Percy Main has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Tyneside. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Percy Main and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Percy Main, in North Tyneside and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Percy Main".