In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Par like this:
PAR, a seaport village and a chapelry in St. Blazey and Tywardreath parishes, Cornwall. The village stands on Tywardreath bay and on the Cornwall railway, 4¼ miles S S W of Lostwithiel; and has a station with telegraph on the railway, and a post-office, designated Par Station, Cornwall. A mineral railway comes hither from the N, and is crossed, in the vicinity, by the Cornwall railway on a granite skew bridge. An active pilchard fishery iscarried on; and great quantities of ore, china stone, and china clay are shipped for Swansea and Staffordshire. ...
Aharbour was constructed by Mr. Treffry, entirely at hisown expense; and is formed mainly by a break-water, 450 feet in length. A group of copper mines, called Par Consols, are on an ascent adjacent to the shore. The views of the bay, and of distant cliffs, from the neighbourhood of the village, are very fine. The chapelry isnoticed in the article Biscovay.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Par has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Restormel. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Par and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Par, in Restormel and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd January 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Par".