In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lane End like this:
LANE-END, a village in Great Marlow parish, and a chapelry partly also in Fingest, Hambleden, and West Wycombe parishes, Bucks. The village stands near the boundary with Oxfordshire, 3 miles SW of West Wycombe r. station, and 5 W by S of High Wycombe; and has a post-office under High Wycombe. The chapelry was constituted in 1832. Pop., 1,162. Houses, 218. Pop. of the Hambleden portion, 114; of the Fingest portion, 210; of the Great Marlow portion, 463. Chair-making is largely carried on; and there are extensive agricultural implement works, an iron foundry, and a small pottery. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £106. * Patron, the Rector of Hambleden. The church was built in 1832. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lane End has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wycombe. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lane End and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lane End, in Wycombe and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd November 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lane End".