In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Haverholme like this:
HAVERHOLME, an extra-parochial tract in Sleaford district, Lincoln; forming an island within two arms of the Sleaford river, 3 miles NE by N of Sleaford. Acres, 291. Pop., 15. Houses, 2. A Cistertian priory, a cell to Fountains abbey, was projected here, in 1 137, by Alexander, bishop of Lincoln, but was superseded, in 1 139; by a Gilbertine monastery; and this was given, at the dissolution, to the Clintons. A very ancient mansion, called Haverholme Priory, now stands here; has been modernized into a handsome edifice in the Tudor style; is surrounded with a well wooded park; and is the seat of the Dowager Countess of Winchester.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Haverholme has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Haverholme and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Haverholme, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 31st March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Haverholme".