In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Halse Town like this:
HALESTOWN, or HALSETOWN, a village and a chapelry in St. Ives parish, Cornwall The village is suburban to St. Ives; stands near the great tin mine called St. Ives Consols, 4 miles NW of Hayle; is a modern place; and has a fair on 12 Sept. The chapelry was constituted in 1846; and its post town is St. Ives, Cornwall. Pop., 1, 940. Houses, 392. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £160. * Patron, R. Hichens, Esq. The church was built in 1860, at a cost of £2, 786; is in the early decorated English style; and consists of nave, chancel, and aisles, with porch and vestry.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Halse Town has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Penwith. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Halse Town and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Halse Town, in Penwith and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Halse Town".