In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Framilode like this:
FRAMILODE, a village in Saul parish, and a chapelry in Saul, Arlingham, Eastington, Fretherne, Moreton-Valence, Standish, and Wheatenhurst parishes, Gloucester. The village stands at the influx of the river Frome or Stroudwater to the Severn, near the Gloucester and Hereford Junction railway, 4¼ miles NW by W of Stone-house r. station, and 8 SW of Gloucester. The chapelry was constitued in 1855; and its post town is Whitminster, under Stonehouse. Pop., 635. Houses, 140. Pop. of the part in Saul parish, 248. Houses, 57. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £78.* Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church was built in 1854. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Framilode has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stroud. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Framilode and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Framilode, in Stroud and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Framilode".