Place:


Broughton  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broughton like this:

BROUGHTON, a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; on the verge of the county, 3 miles SSE of Newport-Pagnell r. station, and 4 NE by N of Fenny-Stratford. Post Town, Newport-Pagnell. Acres, 1,020. Real property, £1,747. Pop., 155. Houses, 34. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to James Praede, Esq. The parish is a resort of sportsmen. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £97. Patron, W. B. Tyningham, Esq. The church is good; and there are charities £41.

Broughton through time

Broughton is now part of Milton Keynes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Milton Keynes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Broughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broughton, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2139

Date accessed: 21st January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Broughton ".