In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broughton like this:
BROUGHTON, a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; on the verge of the county, 3 miles SSE of Newport-Pagnell r. station, and 4 NE by N of Fenny-Stratford. Post Town, Newport-Pagnell. Acres, 1,020. Real property, £1,747. Pop., 155. Houses, 34. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to James Praede, Esq. The parish is a resort of sportsmen. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £97. Patron, W. B. Tyningham, Esq. The church is good; and there are charities £41.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Broughton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Milton Keynes. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Broughton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broughton, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Broughton".