Place:


Barton Hartshorn  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barton Hartshorn like this:

BARTON-HARTSHORN, a parish in the district and county of Buckingham; on the verge of the county, 2½ miles S of the Buckinghamshire railway, and 4 WSW of Buckingham. Post Town, Buckingham. Acres, 870. Real property, £1,341. Pop., 126. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicar age, united with the vicarage of Chetwode, in the dio cese of Oxford. Value, £102.* Patron, Mrs. Brace bridge. The church is good.

Barton Hartshorn through time

Barton Hartshorn is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barton Hartshorn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barton Hartshorn, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2137

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barton Hartshorn ".