In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barton Hartshorn like this:
BARTON-HARTSHORN, a parish in the district and county of Buckingham; on the verge of the county, 2½ miles S of the Buckinghamshire railway, and 4 WSW of Buckingham. Post Town, Buckingham. Acres, 870. Real property, £1,341. Pop., 126. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicar age, united with the vicarage of Chetwode, in the dio cese of Oxford. Value, £102.* Patron, Mrs. Brace bridge. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Barton Hartshorn has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aylesbury Vale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Barton Hartshorn and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barton Hartshorn, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Barton Hartshorn".