In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described St Quivox like this:
St Quivox, par., Ayrshire, on river Ayr, 4876 ac., pop. 7352; contains part of Ayr, 3 miles NE. of which is the par. church.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing St Quivox has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Ayrshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering St Quivox and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Quivox in South Ayrshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "St Quivox".