In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Houndsborough Barwick and Coker like this:
HOUNDSBOROUGH, BARWICK, AND COKER, a hundred in Somerset; bounded on the E and the S by Dorset, on the W by Crewkerne hundred, on the N by Stone and Tintinhull hundreds; and containing sixteen parishes. Acres, 18, 634. Pop. in 1851, 8, 460; in 1861, 7, 872. Houses, 1, 678.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Houndsborough Barwick and Coker has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Houndsborough Barwick and Coker and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Houndsborough Barwick and Coker in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th January 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Houndsborough Barwick and Coker".