Place:


Upper Pertwood  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Upper Pertwood like this:

PERTWOOD, a parish in Mere district, Wilts; on the Roman road to Old Sarum, 2 miles N W of Hindon, and 5½ N W of Tisbury r. station. Post-town, Hindon, un-der Salisbury. Acres, 450. Rated property, £480. Pop., 30. Houses, 5. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £56. Patron, Mrs. Seymour. The church is good.

Upper Pertwood through time

Upper Pertwood is now part of Salisbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Salisbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Upper Pertwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Upper Pertwood, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21123

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Upper Pertwood ".