Place:


Tytherington  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tytherington like this:

TYTHERINGTON, a parish in Warminster district, Wilts; 1 mile S by W of Heytesbury r. station. Post town, Warminster. Acres, 1,650. Real property, £1,137. Pop., 111. Houses, 23. The living is a curacy in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, not reported-Patron, the Bishop of S.

Tytherington through time

Tytherington is now part of West Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tytherington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tytherington in West Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21121

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tytherington ".