Place:


Tardebigge  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tardebigge like this:

TARDEBIGGE, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Bromsgrove district, Worcester. The village stands on the Birmingham and Worcester canal, 2 miles S of Blackwell r. station, and 2½ ESE of Bromsgrove; and has a post-office under Bromsgrove. The parish includes Redditch township, two other townships and a hamlet; and comprises 8,994 acres. ...


Real property, £28,602; of which £601 are in railways, and £100 in gasworks. Pop. in 1851, 6,423; in 1861, 7,010. Houses, 1,436. The property is subdivided. The manor, with Hewell Grange, belongs to the Baroness Windsor. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £525.* Patron, the Baroness Windsor. The church was built in 1777, and is in the Italian style. The vicarage of Redditch and the p. curacy of Headless-Cross are separate benefices. There are a national school, and charities £70.—The sub-district contains 3 parishes. Acres, 17,002. Pop., 8,896. Houses, 1,823.

Tardebigge through time

Tardebigge is now part of Bromsgrove district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bromsgrove has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tardebigge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tardebigge, in Bromsgrove and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21106

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tardebigge ".