In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Pierre like this:
PIERRE (St.) and Runstone, a parish in Chepstow district, Monmouth; on Poolmerick brook at its mouth, and on the South Wales railway, 2¼ miles S S W of Chepstow. Post-town, Chepstow. Acres, 591. Real property, £1, 810. Pop., 92. Houses, 13. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Portskewet, in the diocese of Llandaff. The church is ancient but good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing St Pierre has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Monmouthshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering St Pierre and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Pierre in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "St Pierre".