In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Middle Chinnock like this:
CHINNOCK (Middle), a parish in Yeovil district, Somerset; on the river Parret, near the Yeovil and Exeter railway, 3½ miles NE of Crewkerne. Post town, West Chinnock, under Ilminster. Acres, 471. Real property, with West Chinnock, £3, 514. Pop., 238. Houses, 49. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £189.* Patron, the Earl of Ilchester. The church is early English.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Middle Chinnock has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Middle Chinnock and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Middle Chinnock in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Middle Chinnock".