In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandough Juxta Penarth like this:
LLANDOUGH-JUXTA-PENARTH, a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; on the river Ely, immediately above its influx to the mouth of the river Taff, 3 miles SSW of Cardiff r. station. It has a post office, of the name of Llandough, under Cardiff. Acres, 689. Real property, £1,376; of which £600 are in quarries. Pop. in 1851,135; in 1861,234. Houses, 44. The increase of pop. arose from proximity to Cardiff, and from connexion with the improvements in that town's harbour and trade. The property is divided among a few. Cogan was the seat of the Herberts, and is now a farmhouse. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Leckwith, in the diocese of Llandaff. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llandough Juxta Penarth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of The Vale of Glamorgan. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llandough Juxta Penarth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandough Juxta Penarth in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llandough Juxta Penarth".