In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandough Juxta Cowbridge like this:
LLANDOUGH, a parish in Bridgend district, Glamorgan; on the river Cowbridge, 1 mile S of Cowbridge r. station. Post town, Cowbridge. Acres, 683. Real property, £853. Pop., 119. Houses, 25. The property is all in one estate. Llandough House, a castellated mansion, including some remains of an ancient castle, belonged formerly to Col. Morgan, and belongs now to R. Boteler, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of St. Mary Church, in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £325.* Patron,R. N. Talbot, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Dochdwy; is in good condition; and contains an effigies of a Walche of the ancient Llandongh Castle. Walters, the author of the Welsh dictionary, was rector.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llandough Juxta Cowbridge has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of The Vale of Glamorgan. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llandough Juxta Cowbridge and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandough Juxta Cowbridge in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llandough Juxta Cowbridge".