In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burwardsley like this:
BURWARDSLEY, a township-chapelry in Bunbury parish, Cheshire; 2 miles SW by S of Beeston r. station, and 4½ SSW of Tarporley. Post Town, Tattenhall, under Chester. Acres, 1,039. Real property, £1,513. Pop., 500. Houses, 106. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £50. Patrons, Trustees. The church was built in the former part of last century. There are a P. Methodist chapel, and charities £41.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Burwardsley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Chester. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Burwardsley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burwardsley, in Chester and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Burwardsley".