In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Holdshott like this:
HOLDSHOTT, a tything and a hundred in Hants. The tything lies 5½ miles NNW of Odiham, and is in Heckfield parish. The hundred lies adjacent to Berks, and is cut into lower half and upper half. The l. h. is in Basingstoke division, and contains Hartley-Westpall parish, four other parishes, and parts of two others. Acres, 11, 952. Pop., 2, 632. Houses, 533. The u. h. is in Odiham division, and contains Heckfield parish, and part of Eversley. Acres, 10, 921. Pop., 2, 086. Houses, 425.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Holdshott has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Hart. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Holdshott and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Holdshott, in Hart and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Holdshott".