In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Farndish like this:
FARNDISH, a parish in the district of Wellingborough and county of Bedford; contiguous to Northamptonshire, 1¾ mile S by W of Irchester r. station, and 4 SSW of Higham-Ferrers. Post town, Irchester, under Wellingborough. Acres, 810. Real property, £1, 180. Pop., 67. Houses, 17. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £195. Patron,M. Chester, Esq. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Farndish has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bedford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Farndish and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Farndish, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Farndish".