In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Lambrook like this:
LAMBROOK (EAST), a chapelry in Kingsbury-Episcopi parish, Somerset; on the river Parrett, 2 miles W of Martock r. station, and 5½ NE of Ilminster. Post-town, Ilminster. Pop., 312. The manor belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Wells. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £175.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Wells. The church is ancient; and consists of nave and chancel, with bell-turret.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing East Lambrook has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering East Lambrook and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Lambrook in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "East Lambrook".