In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ditteridge like this:
DITTERIDGE, or Ditcheridge, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; on an affluent of the river Avon, and on the Great Western railway, ½ a mile N by E of Box r. station, and 7 miles WSW of Chippenham. Post town, Box, under Chippenham. Acres, 374. Rated property, £550. Pop., 110. Houses, 25. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £131. Patron, W. Northey, Esq. The church is Norman and early English, in good condition.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ditteridge has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ditteridge and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ditteridge in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ditteridge".