In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cobridge like this:
COBRIDGE, a chapelry in Burslem parish, Stafford; in the vicinity of Burslem town and r. station. It was constituted in 1845; it shares in the industry and general character of Burslem; and it has a post office under Stoke-upon-Trent. Rated property, £4, 369. Pop., 3, 378. Houses, 657. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £142.* Patron, the Rector of Burslem. See Burslem.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cobridge has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stoke on Trent. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cobridge and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cobridge, in Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cobridge".