In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wilford like this:
WILFORD, a hundred in the SE of Suffolk; containing 17 parishes. Acres, 33,012. Pop. in 1851, 8,469; in 1861, 8,087. Houses, 1,744.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wilford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Suffolk Coastal. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wilford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wilford in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wilford".