In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Cray like this:
CRAY (North), a parish in Bromley district, Kent; on the rivulet Cray, 1 mile NNE of Foots-Cray, and 3¼ N by E of St. Mary Cray r. station. Post town, Foots-Cray, under London, S. E. Acres, 1, 443. Real property, £4, 526. Pop., 578. Houses, 111. The property is divided among a few. North Cray Place belonged to the Hetheringtons, and passed to the Coventrys. Vale Mascall is the seat of Abraham Shore, Esq. Ruxley or Rokeslie was once a separate parish; and had a church, in late decorated English, now converted into a barn. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £396.* Patron,Vansittart, Esq. The church is very good. A school has £21 from endowment; and other charities £6.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing North Cray has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bexley. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering North Cray and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Cray, in Bexley and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "North Cray".