In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chelsfield like this:
CHELSFIELD, a parish, with a village, in Bromley district, Kent; 6½ miles SE of Bromley. It has a post office under Bromley, Kent, and a railway station. Acres, 3, 280. Real property, £4, 710. Pop., 784. Houses, 148. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Farnborough, in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £876.* Patron, All Souls College, Oxford. The church is early English. There are a national school and charities £23.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Chelsfield has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bromley. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Chelsfield and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chelsfield, in Bromley and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Chelsfield".