In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walham Green like this:
WALHAM-GREEN, a chapelry in Fulham parish, Middlesex; 1¼ mile NNW of Putney r. station, and 6 SW by W of St. Paul's, London. It was constituted in 1835; and it has a post-office,‡ under London SW. Pop., 6,931. Houses, 1,222. There are numerous villas. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of London.. Value, £300.* Patron, the Vicar of Fulham. The church was built in 1829. There are national schools and the Butchers' alms houses.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Walham Green has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Hammersmith and Fulham. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Walham Green and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walham Green, in Hammersmith and Fulham and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Walham Green".