In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Porth like this:
PORTH, a railway station with telegraph in Glamorgan; on the Rhondda branch of the Taff Vale railway, 3¼ miles W N W of Pontypridd.
Porth is now part of Rhondda; Cynon; Taff district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rhondda; Cynon; Taff has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Porth itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Porth, in Rhondda; Cynon; Taff and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Porth ".