In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lordington like this:
LORDINGTON, a hamlet-chapelry in Racton parish, Sussex; 5½ miles NW of Chichester r. station. Posttown, Chichester. The living is annexed to the rectory of Racton in the diocese of Chichester. Cardinal Pole was a native; and Sir Richard Pole and Margaret Countess of Salisbury were residents.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lordington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Chichester. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lordington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lordington, in Chichester and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lordington".