In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Boughton Aluph like this:
BOUGHTON-ALUPH, a parish in East Ashford district, Kent; adjacent to the river Stour and the Canterbury railway, 1½ mile WNW of Wye station, and 4 NNE of Ashford. It contains Boughton-Lees, which has a post office under Ashford. Acres, 2,418. Real property, £3,288. Pop., 475. Houses, 80. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged, in the time of King John, to Alulph de Boughton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £216. Patrons, the Trustees of Dr. Breton. The church is ancient and cruciform, with a central tower; and contains a piscina and monuments of the Moyles. Charities, £8.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Boughton Aluph has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ashford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Boughton Aluph and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Boughton Aluph, in Ashford and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Boughton Aluph".