In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanbadog like this:
LLANBADDOCK, a parish, with a village, in Pontypool district, Monmouth; on the river Usk, 1 mile S of Usk town and r. station. Post town, Usk, under Newport, Monmouth. Acres, 3,465. Real property, £3,747: of which £91 are in fisheries. Pop., 452. Houses, 104. The property is much subdivided. The road from Usk to Caerleon traverses the parish, and goes, for some distance, between the bank of the Usk and a wooded precipice. Traces of the Julian way are in the vicinity. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £72. Patron, the Rev. T. A. Williams. The church is dedicated to St. Madocus, and is good. There are a school with £8 a year from endowment, and other charities £7.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanbadog has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Monmouthshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanbadog and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanbadog in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th March 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanbadog".