In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fifield Bavant like this:
FIFIELD-BAVANT, a parish in Wilton district, Wilts; on an affluent of the river Avon, 4½ miles S by W of Dinton r. station, and 6¾ SW of Wilton. Post town, Broad Chalk, under Salisbury. Acres, 1, 145. Real property, with Ebbesbourne-Wake, £3, 129. Rated property of F. -B. alone, £763. Pop., 33. Houses, 6. The property is divided between two. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £170.* Patron, the Marquis of Bath. The church was recently in disrepair.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Fifield Bavant has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Salisbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Fifield Bavant and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fifield Bavant, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Fifield Bavant".