In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eisey like this:
EISEY, a parish in Cricklade district, Wilts; on the river Thames and on the Severn and Thames canal, contiguous with Gloucestershire, 1 mile NNE of Cricklade and 4¾ NE by E of Minety r. station. Acres, 1,840. Real property, with Latton, £7, 248. Pop., 193. Houses, 36. It includes the tything of Water-Eaton; and its post town is Cricklade. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Latton, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Eisey has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Eisey and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eisey in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Eisey".