In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Clodock like this:
CLODOCK, a village, a parish, and a sub-district in the district and county of Hereford. The village stands on the river Munnow, under the Black Mountains, 4½ miles W of Pontrilas r. station, and 15 SW of Hereford. The parish includes the chapelries of Longtown, Llanveynoe, Crasswall, and Newton; and its post town is Pontrilas, under Hereford. Acres, 17, 833. Real property, £10, 704. Pop., 1, 794. Houses, 372. The property is much subdivided. An old castle and a camp are here, on the line of Watling-street. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £222.* Patron, W. Wilkins, Esq. The church is early English, with a tower, and good. The p. curacies of-Longtown, Llanveynoe, Crasswall, and Newton are separate benefices. Charities, £40.The sub-district contains seven parishes. Acres, 28, 404. Pop., 2, 864. Houses, 578.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Clodock has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Clodock and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Clodock in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Clodock".