In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Calstone Wellington like this:
CALSTONE-WELLINGTON, or Calstone-Willington, a parish in Calne district, Wilts; on the Roman road from Bath, near Wans Dyke, 2½ miles SE of Calne r. station. It has a post office under Chippenham. Acres, 308. Real property, £1,945. Pop., 36. Houses, 9. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the Cantilupes and the Zouches; and passed to the Lords Willington. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £192.* Patron, the Marquis of Lansdowne. The church was reported in 1859 to need repair.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Calstone Wellington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Calstone Wellington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Calstone Wellington in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Calstone Wellington".