Place:


Berechurch  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Berechurch like this:

BERECHURCH, a parish in Colchester district, and within Colchester borough, Essex; near the river Roman, 2 miles S by W of Colchester r. station. Post Town, Colchester. Acres, 1,450. Real property, £1,880. Pop.; 112. Houses, 19. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £110. Patron, T. White, Esq. The church is good.

Berechurch through time

Berechurch is now part of Colchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Colchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Berechurch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Berechurch, in Colchester and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20140

Date accessed: 17th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Berechurch ".