In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hubberston like this:
HUBBERSTON, a village and a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke. The village stands on a creek of Milford Haven, 1 mile W of Milford r. station; and carries on some trade in the export of corn, limestone, and coal.The parish is partly within Milford borough; and it comprises 1, 270 acres of land, and 610 of water. Post town, Milford Haven. Real property, £3, 963; of which £235 are in gas works. Pop. in 1851, 1, 040; in 1861, 1, 270. Houses. 242. Pop. of the part within Milford borough, 836. Houses, 162. An observatory, and the remains of Pill priory are a little E of the village. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £130.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church has some old stalls, and was recently in disrepair. Charities, £8
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Hubberston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Pembrokeshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Hubberston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hubberston in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hubberston".