In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bremilham like this:
BREMILHAM, or Cowage, a parish in Malmesbury district, Wilts; on the river Avon, near Akeman-street, 2 miles SW by W of Malmesbury, and 9 WSW of Minety r. station. Post Town, Malmesbury, under Chippenham. Acres, 433. Real property, with Westport and Foxley, £6,335. Pop., 29. Houses, 5. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £121. Patron, the Hon. and Rev. R. Bowles. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bremilham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bremilham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bremilham in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd April 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bremilham".