In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blackland like this:
BLACKLAND, a parish in Calne district, Wilts; near the Roman road, 1½ mile SE of Calne r. station, and 7 ESE of Chippenham. Post town, Calne, under Chippenham. Acres, 537. Real property, £1,604. Pop., 54. Houses, 12. The property is divided among a few. Blackland House was formerly the seat of the Maundrells, and is now the seat of the Tanners. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £160. Patron, the Rev. James Mayo. The church was repaired in 1859.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Blackland has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Blackland and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blackland in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Blackland".