Place:


Fryerning  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fryerning like this:

FRYERNING, a parish in Chelmsford district, Essex: near the Eastern Counties railway, 1¼ mile NW of Ingatestone r. station. Post town, Ingatestone. Acres, 1, 370. Real property, £3, 155. Pop., 707. Houses, 144. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £288.* Patron, Wadham College, Oxford. The church is good; and there are a national school, and charities £13.

Fryerning through time

Fryerning is now part of Brentwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Brentwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fryerning itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fryerning, in Brentwood and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20061

Date accessed: 18th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fryerning ".